Failure comes and goes.
It has happened to us all. No one likes it, and it is not one of life’s enjoyable experiences. It hurts, it is painful, and it is a part of everyone’s life. It is failure.
One stumble does not break or define a person. Some of history’s most successful people have experienced the agony of failure.
- Babe Ruth held the record for the most strike outs, and struck out multiple times in a World Series game. Yet, look at his overall record.
- Robert Frost was rejected by a magazine stating there was no place for his poetry.
- An English teacher wrote on Winston Churchill’s report card that he did not have much potential for success.
- Oprah was fired from a Chicago TV station. She went on.
- You and I can insert our failures here.
Max Lucado says, “Though you’ve failed, God does not. Face your failures with faith and God’s goodness.”
- “The Lord directs the steps of the Godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they never fall for the Lord holds them by the hand,” remarks the Psalmist in 37:23-24.
- Proverbs 24:16 says, “The Godly may trip seven times, but they will get up again. But one disaster is enough to overthrow the wicked.”
Failures will come, but the Lord will help us overcome those failures and move on with life. Remember amid failure, the Lord is with you.
Please share this post.