When we think of inheritance, financial gain is what usually comes to mind, but it can be more. Families pass many items down from generation to generation, person to person. A younger brother once said, “All the comic books I inherited from my brother had the last page torn out. I had to reach my own conclusions.” Heirs of an inheritance will gain, and as Christians, we gain an inheritance of great value.
We are heirs to God’s inheritance.
- Romans 8:16-17 says, “For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children, and since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ, we are heirs of God’s glory….”
- Galatians 4:7 says, “Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own child, and since you are his child, God has made you his heir.”
We are heirs of a valuable inheritance.
This means we are heirs to Heaven, which is yet to come, but it also means we can be thankful that our inheritance has already started.
- Scripture reminds us our inheritance is perfect peace. It is a peace which transcends human understanding. When it does not make sense to have peace, you and I can have peace because we are heirs to God.
- Ephesians 1:19 reminds us the Lord is already working on our behalf with incomparable power. There is nothing capable of overpowering the Lord.
- We can embrace this life thankful for victory, not fighting for a victory.
We are heirs of God. The Creator of the universe has decided to share with us. With hope for the future, we can give thanks for the blessings of the present.
Please share this post.